Mission of C.I.C.H.A.
The Greek-Argentine Chamber of Industry and Commerce (C.I.C.H.A. in spanish), recognized by the Greek government on September 18, 1998, and by the Argentine government on November 1, 1989, day by day is becoming more important and its mission has been defined as follows:
MISSION: the mission of the Chamber is to be a creative force among Argentina and Greece - in a business environment that contributes to development of our society, framing with justice and equal opportunities. Promote the development of sustainable businesses, bilateral trade, genuine productive investment, encouraging private enterprise and a market economy, all that framed with responsibility, ethics and transparency. Forums articulate knowledge among its members and facilitate dialogue between public and private sectors.
OBJECT: the Greek-Argentine Chamber of Industry and Commerce is nucleation and representation of Greek businessmen or Greek descent, resident in Argentina as well as in general, both or third countries, interested in operations or investments in Greece and/or Argentina.
- -- For all the above it will develop, among other things, the following activities:
- -- Sponsor measures that benefit and protect the commercial, industrial, technological Greek-Argentine interchange.
- -- Represent the communities regarding their relations on economic, technological and cultural interchange.
- -- Petition to the appropriate authorities suggested legal and administrative rules and regulations.
- -- Upon request, represent their members before authorities, public entities or other entities of both countries, for matters that fall within the Chamber´s objectives, subject to the Chamber’s approval.
- -- Gather and distribute statistical, technical, legal, cultural and tourist information as well as any other type with the aim of counseling and propagating information, especially in relation to commercial, industrial, technological and cultural interchange.
- -- To defend and protect the prestige of both communities, improving and extolling the image of its members.
- -- Maintain relations with all other Commercial and bi-national Chambers and organizations in general.
- -- Maintain relations and information interchange with Greek institutions.
- -- Grant scholarships and support to Greeks and their descendants to realize studies and investigations, the importance of which is deemed justified.
- -- Organize and participate in conferences and congresses, with topics of interest to the Chamber.
- -- Create and develop, under its control and administration, all types of cultural, social and athletic institutions, in line with the interest of its members.
- In general, bring to bear all activities that tend to intensify and improve Greek-Argentine relations.